Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe I found on a Born Sugar bag
Make and share this Phyllo Apple Strudel Purses recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄4 cup cranberries or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- phyllo dough
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 farenhiet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Combine brown sugar, dried cherries, walnuts and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add apples and stir to evenly coat apples with sugar. Work with one sheet of phyllo at a time and keep remaining sheets covered. Fold phyllo cross-wise then lengthwise into quarters. Scoop one fourth of apple mixture ontu center of folded phyllo. Bring corners and sides of phyllo up into a bundle and pinch tightly at center to hold closed. Place bundle on prepared pan. Immediately brush phyllo with one teaspoon of the butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining apple mixture and three sheets of phyllo. Bake 15 minutes or until phyllo is browned and apple juices begin to sizzle.