Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was my sisters'. She fixed it for my Mother and I the first time she had us over to her new home in 1976.
- 1 (8 ounce) package creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Beat the eggs.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add thawed spinach and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour. Combine the rest of the ingredients and add to the spinach mixture. Cook this for about 2 minutes.
- Put mixture into the pie crust that has been baked in advance for about 5 minutes. You can use either ready made or home made.
- Bake at 400°F for about 35 minutes and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.