Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is my aunt's and is great served with poultry, has a nice sweet & salty flavor that compliments the main dish... or can be made as a dessert. My Aunt Phyllis made this one year for Thanksgiving in lieu of a cranberry fluff and it was a big hit. My boys loved it. I will make this from now on instead of the pretty cranberry fluff nobody eats. (except me and my mom) Thanks for this wonderful recipe Phyllis
- 354.88 ml crushed pretzels
- 66.55 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 170.09 g package strawberry gelatin
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 453.59 g package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30-40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. I let mine stand in the refrigerator until partially set. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
Feb.19, 2009. Have made this twice now. Just love the combination of sweet & salty. Easy dessert to prepare and makes enough for family or friends gathering. Good Stuff!!!!!
I absolutely adore this dish. I had a family get-together yesterday and fixed this. Everyone liked it and I will definitely make it again. Next time I'll try it with frozen raspberries and raspberry gelatin. Perfect combination of sweet n salty! Made for Fall PAC 2007.
This is such a refreshing and delicious dessert! I love the saltiness that the pretzels add and it is a perfect dessert to use those fresh strawberries with; it was a hit with my family. Made for ZWT 3.