Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother in law (the eponymous Phyllis Emery) went on an 'all natural from scratch' kick when my other half was diagnosed with ADD as a kid in the 70s. This is one of her 'from scratch' recipes. She wanted me to mention that when I typed it up!
- Combine egg,salt, and milk.
- Add enough flour to make the dough stiff - do NOT add all the flour at once.
- Roll very thin on floured surface.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Roll up loosely.
- Slice 1/4 inch wide.
- Unroll and spread out.
- Let dry 2 hours.
- Drop into boiling salted water, soup, or broth.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes.