Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This "cake" pie is Parve & Kosher for Passover. I had it the first time in Israel when we were invited to friends of my Parents for lunch during Passover. Back in Vienna where we live my kids ask me to make it every week!! I end up making it at least once a month just to have peace but it is truely delecious & everyone loves it. The name of the lady who made the cake where we were invited was Phyllis & this is her recipe.
- 200 g baking chocolate
- 100 g margarine (without milk)
- 7 eggs, seperated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup Rich's richwhip non-dairy whipped topping (this comes in only onesize which I never measured- use the whole package)
- Combine chocolate& margarine in a bowl& melt in micro.
- Mix& let cool.
- Seperate eggs.
- Beat whites till stiff& add 1/4 cup sugar, continue beating till they form peaks.
- Beat yolks with 3/4 cup sugar& Vanilla.
- Combine chocolate mixture with yolk mixture& beat till smooth.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into 9" pan (aluminum is best as they also have plastic covers).
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Let cool (middle will fall).
- Add rest of mixture on top and put it into the freezer.
- When frozen, whip Rich's together with one tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- In the meantime take out the pie so the cover is easy to remove.
- Put whipped Rich's on top of pie, recover, refreeze.
- Take out about 15 minutes before serving.
My wife and I are Catholic and our very close friends are conservative Jews. Now, we do not have a Kosher kitchen, but we do our best to accomodate their needs. I found all of the necessary ingredients to make this Parve for Passover and this dessert was incredible. They each had seconds and asked for the recipe.