Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love real Mexican Carne Asada so through trial & error I came up with this one for him....
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if desired)
- ground pepper, to desired taste
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 4 minced garlic cloves (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 lbs thin sliced flank steaks
- Using a large glass bowl place these Ingredients :.
- lime juice, garlic & pepper seasoning,crushed red pepper flakes ( more if desired),fresh ground pepper, Mexican oregano,garlic cloves ( more if desired), chopped onions, olive oil and diced green chilies.
- Mix well and add flank steak.
- Coat well and then transfer to a large plastic bag and seal.Place in refrigerator and turn once in a while.In a day or two fire up the grill and spank it fast on the hottest grill.
- Cut into thin strips against the grain and serve on warm tortillas.
- Use garnishes/salsas/sauces etc. as desired and enjoy !