Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a great looking summer dessert that the kids love (not just the kids adults too). Takes a bit of time but it is so easy to make and once you have it together there it is!!
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 pints raspberry sherbet, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 14 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
- Line an 8 cup rounded mixing bowl with foil.
- Spread the Vanilla ice cream apprx 1 inch thick over the bottom and up the sides of the lined bowl, work quickly and immediately place the bowl in the freezer for apprs 1 hour.
- Touch up the sides and bring the Vanilla ice cream right to the top edge of the bowl, freeze for apprx another hour Mix the softened raspberry sherbert with the chocolate chips, mix so the chips are evenly distributed through the stherbet Fill the Vanilla lined bowl with the raspberry sherbert.
- Cover and place in freezer overnight.
- When you are ready to serve mix the green food coloring with the whipped topping and blend until it is evenly distributed Invert the ice cream bowl and remove the ice cream flat side down on a serving plate- make sure there is room for the whipped topping, Strip off the foil and cover the mold with the whipped topping.
- You may now serve it or return it to the freezer until ready to serve.
- Cut in wedges& serve.
I started making this dessert 23 years ago. It taste great and even looks like a watermelon when sliced. Great for dinner parties.