Recipe by Bergy
This is a reasonable (cost wise), tasty meal using up left over Mashed Potatoes. I like a bit more zip to the crab cakes so I served them with a sweet Chili sauce on the side. I only used 2 tbsp of lite Olive oil on the pan to fry them but if you want a crunchy outside to the patties coat them with Panko or Potato flakes or seasoned bread crumbs and use a bit more oil in the pan. These crab cakes could be made into small balls and served as an appetizer using a hot sauce as a dip. I just threw this recipe together from left overs but decided to post the recipe cause we did enjoy the recipe
Top Review by Bauline Baker
I didn't have any jalapeno peppers so to give them a little kick I added some red pepper flakes. That did the trick. I made them without green peppers, too, and added a little extra garlic.. They're quite tasty. Thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups imitation crabmeat, meat. shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, Minced (Use a red or green hot pepper)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I prefer Oliv lite0)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl Mix all the ingredients well.
- Form into 5 patties, cover & refrigerate for an hour ( allows them to firm up a bit more ).
- Heat oil in the pan and fry patties over medium heat until golden on each side and heated through apprx 5 minutes each size.
- Remove from heat n serve having a lovely fresh mixed greens salad as a side dish.