Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This recipe was originally entered at the Gilroy Garlic festival cook out and is really good. Make lots because it really disappears.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can clam juice
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
- tartar sauce (optional)
- If the breasts are thick slice them in half lengthwise and then place between sheets of waxed paper and pound them thin.
- Place the pounded breasts in a closed container and pour in the clam nector and garlic.
- Cover and refrigerate for 36-48 hrs making sure that all of the chicken is covered in the nector.
- If not, then turn the chicken 3 or four times during marinating.
- Drain well just before cooking, dip in slightly beaten eggs and bread crumbs and lightly fry in the butter/oil.
We really enjoyed this chicken. The garlic combined with the clam juice was very good. I made it for 2, and used 1 thick breast, I sliced and then pounded it, and cut the breadcrumbs to 3/4 cup. After the marinating time, this is a snap to make, is ready in 15 minutes. Served this with steamed cauliflower and buttered carrots. Try this, it's good!
This is great!!!!and I'm hard to please. the only change I made, was I dipped the chicken in flour than the egg wash..sliced the chicken very thin..I almost thought I was eating abalone...
Really, really delicious Bergy. The chicken was very tender with a different flavour to the normal chicken dishes. I had this marinating in the fridge and cooked it up after work. It was very quick to make. I had mine with tartare sauce as recommended which was very good. Thanks so much for all your help in making this Bergy!