Recipe by Bergy
This recipe was originally entered at the Gilroy Garlic festival cook out and is really good. Make lots because it really disappears.
Top Review by MizzNezz
We really enjoyed this chicken. The garlic combined with the clam juice was very good. I made it for 2, and used 1 thick breast, I sliced and then pounded it, and cut the breadcrumbs to 3/4 cup. After the marinating time, this is a snap to make, is ready in 15 minutes. Served this with steamed cauliflower and buttered carrots. Try this, it's good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can clam juice
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- lemon wedge (optional)
- tartar sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If the breasts are thick slice them in half lengthwise and then place between sheets of waxed paper and pound them thin.
- Place the pounded breasts in a closed container and pour in the clam nector and garlic.
- Cover and refrigerate for 36-48 hrs making sure that all of the chicken is covered in the nector.
- If not, then turn the chicken 3 or four times during marinating.
- Drain well just before cooking, dip in slightly beaten eggs and bread crumbs and lightly fry in the butter/oil.