Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From aspoonfulofsugar.net These are crispy crunchy buttery oatmeal cookies. I made them without raisins and they DIDN'T SPREAD even though made with butter. See tip below.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (175g)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (160g)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar (130g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (170g)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (160g)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins, if desired (200g)
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream together; butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix into butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raisins if desired.
- Drop the dough by heaped tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving a 2" gap between each mound.
- Tip: I used a dessert-spoon and made ovals rather than balls (quenelles, if we're being posh) as I heard that this caused the dough to spread less.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on sheet for at least a minute before transferring to a rack.