From aspoonfulofsugar.net These are crispy crunchy buttery oatmeal cookies. I made them without raisins and they DIDN'T SPREAD even though made with butter. See tip below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (175g)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (160g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (130g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (170g)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (160g)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, if desired (200g)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- 2Cream together; butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 3Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until well combined.
- 4In a small bowl combine oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Mix into butter mixture until just combined.
- 6Stir in raisins if desired.
- 7Drop the dough by heaped tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving a 2" gap between each mound.
- 8Tip: I used a dessert-spoon and made ovals rather than balls (quenelles, if we're being posh) as I heard that this caused the dough to spread less.
- 9Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- 10Cool on sheet for at least a minute before transferring to a rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phoebe's Fabulous Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 62.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g