Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 300 g fresh squid
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced hot chili powder
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced kaffir lime leaf
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- Remove the inedible portions of the squid.
- Wash well.
- Score the flesh in a fish-scale pattern.
- Cut into pieces one inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Immerse the squid in boiling water until done.
- Mix the fish sauce and lime juice together.
- Add the lemon grass shallot, kaffir lime leaf and chillies.
- Stir very gently to avoid bruising.
- Add the squid gently in the sauce and then put the squid and sauce up on to a plate.