My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the all-purpose flour on a cookie sheet and place under a pre-heated broiler about 4-5 inches from the element.
- 2Roast the flour, watching it all the time until it is medium brown.
- 3Turn the flour with a spatula to brown the other side.
- 4The entire procedure takes about three minutes and gives the flour a rich nutty flavour.
- 5Let the flour cool.
- 6Mix the soft butter with the fruit sugar and add the sifted rice flour.
- 7Fold in the roasted flour and blend well.
- 8Chop the chocolate into chunks just a little smaller than a sugar cube.
- 9Mix them into the dough, taking care you don't soften the chocolate too much.
- 10Shape as desired.
- 11Bake at 300F for 1 hour.
- 12Cool, then store in an airtight container.
- 13Yield depends upon size and shape.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phipps Famous Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 57.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: