Recipe by Phil Franco
Serves 6 as an Appetizer Black and green olives combined with tuna and capers as the topping for crostini is a delicious appetizer. It's also good as a dip for raw vegetables. Be sure not to use canned olives.
- 1 lb black olives or 1 lb green olives
- 1⁄2 cup capers, in salt, rinsed well and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 6 1⁄8 ounces tuna in olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except the lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process very briefly to make a coarse textured paste. Taste and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Scoop the ingredients into a bowl and serve with toasted bread or with raw vegetables.
- The tuna mixture may be prepared up to a week in advance and refrigerated with a thin layer of olive oil over the top. Bring to room temperature before serving.