Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
My brother used to make beef jerky and sell it at school. I loved it so much, I would sneak into his room and steal some pieces, since he would make me pay to eat some! This beef jerky is salty, peppery, and a little sweet-- DELICIOUS!
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, thin cut
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak into 1 inch wide by 4 inches long strips. Smaller, leftover pieces will cook well- don't just through them away!
- Mix other 8 ingredients together.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Coat each piece of meat with marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place meat on dehydrator trays- do not overlap meat.
- Dehydrate at 160 degrees for 10 hours.
- Beef jerky will be crispy and dark brown.
This was the first jerky recipe I had ever tried. We love it so much, I immediately turned around and made a 2nd batch! Thanks.