1/1 Photo of Philly Tandy Takes
Irish Rose's Note:
The Tastykake brand of snack cakes and pies has been associated with Philadelphia, PA since the early 1900's. In the late 70's, the name was changed to Kandy Kakes. As a child living in West Virginia, we could not get these goodies (we had Moon Pies and Little Debbies)so my Jersey relatives would ship boxes of them to us. My favorite was the peanut butter Tandy Takes. The following recipe is a close facsimile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first six ingredients together and beat with mixer for 2 minutes.
- 2Spread in jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Spread peanut butter on hot cake and refrigerate for 2 hours. Your choice on how much peanut butter, I like a lot.
- 4Melt 8oz. of sweet baking chocolate square in double boiler (or microwave) and spread over cake.
- 5Let cool before eating. Can put in refrigerator for chocolate to harden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Tandy Takes
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 146.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 64.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g