Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Laura's Lean Beef. Inspired by the Philly cheese steak sandwich, this Philly Style Wrap is a great idea for dinner or lunch.
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb laura's 92% lean ground beef or 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 6 ounces reduced-fat provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 6 98% fat free tortillas
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms until onions are almost transparent. Stir frequently, and cover the skillet in between to retain moisture.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Crumble ground beef as you brown.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions.
- Divide beef mixture between tortilla shells. Top with cheese. Wrap and serve.
- Cooking Tips: If your taste buds enjoy a little heat, add even more pepper sauce.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch; 2 vegetable; 3 lean meat.