Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Purchase medium size soft submarine rolls for this, the amounts are enough for 3-4 sandwiches you may of coarse double and adjust all amounts to taste, this will work well on a regular grill and also may be made in a large skillet --- the garlic with the butter is only optional if you are not a lover of garlic you may omit if desired, the garlic really brings out extra flavor to these sandwiches :)
- 4 submarine rolls, halved
- 78.07 ml soft butter (can use more butter if desired)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (optional)
- 226.79 g can sliced mushrooms, well drained (can use fresh sauteed sliced mushrooms)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 453.59 g thinly sliced cooked beef
- 8 slice mozzarella cheese or 8 provolone cheese
- Preheat both sides of the electric griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl mix the soft butter with garlic powder.
- Lightly butter all of the roll halves.
- Place on the grill buttered side down and toast until lightly browned; remove and place on a plate/s, then place 2 slices of cheese over 4 bread halves; set aside.
- On one half of the grill place the mushrooms, onion slices and bell pepper, then season lightly with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- On the other side of the grill place the roast beef then season the beef lightly with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Cook stirring each group separately as they cook.
- When the veggies are tender and the beef is hot divide the hot beef onto the cheese slices then top with the veggies.
- Top with the remaining bread halves.
Great sandwich! I used Recipe #317026 for the mushrooms and then made this as directed. I started out trying to grill the veggies, but had trouble turning, stirring them on the stovetop grill. So I moved them to a skillet and finished them up there. This was a big, messy sandwich - just the way we love them. Thanks Kit. Made for NZT.