Prep 12 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Use the remaining sauce for marinades or beef broth. I combined a few different recipes to come up with this great tasting hot beef.
- 3 lbs rump roast
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- Mix all ingredients in Rub in a small bowl. Massage into roast.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and pour entire jar of pepperocini peppers onto roast, even the pepper juice.
- Put roast in fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Bring water to a boil. Add bouillon cubes and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour broth over roast. Add garlic clove and onion into crock pot. Cook for 3-4 hours on high. (Some crock pots have medium, if so use medium for 5-6 hours).
- Remove roast from crock pot, keeping juice in the pot. Put roast in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut meat into thin slices and return to au jus. Reheat for about 4-5 minutes so that meat gets warmed again.
- Serve on hoagie roll, kaiser roll, or french bread with pepperocini, provolone, and au jus.