Recipe by Printessa
We make this in my household as a main dish since 1 of my children is vegetarian along with quite a few of my friends, and they all love this made without the roast beef. But really is quite a good main dish specially served over rice. Also is great as an appetizer for dinner parties as well; works out quite well if you make them ahead of time say a double batch pending oh how large a party, once you get them stuffed place in the refrigerator and cook a platter full at a time since it only takes 3 minutes to cook from this point. Hope everyone that tries it enjoys. HAPPY COOKING!
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, med size
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup deli roast beef, super thin & chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove mushroom stems and chop them.
- Cook half of the mushroom CAPS in 3 Tbsp of margarine over medium heat for 5 minutes and then drain
- Repeat with remaining mushrooms and margarine
- Combine cream cheese, provolone cheese, mixing well until blended
- Stir in chopped stems, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, garlic powder, season salt and white pepper
- Then place filling into mushroom caps; slightly overstuffed.
- Place on cookie sheet and broil until golden brown (about 2 to 3 minutes).