Recipe by bmxmama
This recipe was adopted by me in September 2006 in a whirlwind zaar adoption. I haven't yet made this recipe but as soon as I do I will update the description.
Top Review by mommyoffour
We made these last night and we enjoyed them. I didnt have provolone so I used swiss cheese but they were still good. Thank you for sharing, I will make these again as they are DH's favorite sandwich.
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs New York strip steaks, sliced paper thin
- 8 slices provolone cheese (smoked preferred)
- 4 soft hoagie rolls or 4 soft French baguettes
- oil, for sauteeing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Either have your butcher slice the meat or freeze meat for 30 minutes so that it is easier to slice very thin.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and saute all of the vegetables together until they are soft and caramelized.
- Keep warm In a large cast iron pan or a griddle over medium high heat saute the beef slices very quickly.
- Lay just enough of the slices to cover the bottom of your pan.
- As you finish filling the pan it will be time to turn the first pieces over.
- When the meat is browned, but not crisp, remove to a plate and continue with remaining meat.
- When all of the meat is cooked, place the rolls on a sheet pan, fill with beef and vegetables, top with cheese and put sheet pan into the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly- about 15 minutes.