Recipe by Lusil
I found this recipe on Allrecipies a few years back. It is one of my 18 year old daughters all time favorites. I usually make this during the summer months. The steak needs to marinate; I usually have it sit in the marinade all day while I'm at work for more flavor. Please note the prep time does not include marinating.
Top Review by Lainey39
This is very good! This type of salad is very popular in western Pennsylvania so I was thrilled to find it. The melted cheese on the French fries is just yummy. The steak turned out very tender and flavorful. I did omit the garbanzo beans because I didn't have any handy. Thanks for sharing. Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag game.
- 16 ounces flank steaks, cut into strips
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 package frozen curly-style French fries
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak, peppers and onion and Italian dressing in a zip-lock bag.
- Marinate in fridge 2- 8 hours (the longer the better).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute steak peppers and onions until vegetables are tender and steak is to your liking (medium rare for us!).
- Turn off heat and top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover to allow cheese to melt.
- While steak is cooking, bake curly fries according to package directions.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and garbanzo beans on 8 separate plates.
- Top each salad with 1/8 of the french fries and 1/8 of the steak mixture.
- Serve with ranch dressing.