Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on Allrecipies a few years back. It is one of my 18 year old daughters all time favorites. I usually make this during the summer months. The steak needs to marinate; I usually have it sit in the marinade all day while I'm at work for more flavor. Please note the prep time does not include marinating.
- 16 ounces flank steaks, cut into strips
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 package frozen curly-style French fries
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing
- Place steak, peppers and onion and Italian dressing in a zip-lock bag.
- Marinate in fridge 2- 8 hours (the longer the better).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute steak peppers and onions until vegetables are tender and steak is to your liking (medium rare for us!).
- Turn off heat and top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover to allow cheese to melt.
- While steak is cooking, bake curly fries according to package directions.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and garbanzo beans on 8 separate plates.
- Top each salad with 1/8 of the french fries and 1/8 of the steak mixture.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
This is very good! This type of salad is very popular in western Pennsylvania so I was thrilled to find it. The melted cheese on the French fries is just yummy. The steak turned out very tender and flavorful. I did omit the garbanzo beans because I didn't have any handy. Thanks for sharing. Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag game.