Recipe by katflu57
This is a Kraft Foods recipe and it is the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever had. The best tip I can give is follow the recipe as written.
Top Review by Joanne M.
This was a very good cheesecake. Everyone loved it. Easy to make, but takes much longer than the times quoted. Allow at least 30 minutes for prep and at least 7 hours for cooking, set up. You need to allow the cake to cool before refrigerating. I would make it again.
- 25 nabisco ginger snaps, crushed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Planters pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- Mix ginger snaps crumbs,pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup of sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each additional just until blended. Remove 1 1/2 cups of batter; place in small bowl.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, the pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of the reserved plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for a marble effect.
- BAKE 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.