Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
"These are a 'can't miss' for any dinner! Excellent!"
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed potatoes, cream cheese, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for several minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with crushed fried onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
These are good, but like another reviewer noted, perhaps needs a bit more salt. Very creamy--not quite like traditional mashed potatoes.
Delish! I did add more salt than the recipe called for, about 1.5 tsp. to be exact. Also, I wasn't sure how many potatoes to use since, as of this writing, the recipe does not specify quantity. I ended up using six smallish russets and that worked out just fine. We were very pleased with this dish and would recommend it to others. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness! Creamy, crunchy, and fabulous. The flavor of the onion both inside and out is wonderful. Excellent recipe! Thanks for posting.