Recipe by jonesies
"These are a 'can't miss' for any dinner! Excellent!"
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
Our family loved this. I'm leaving the stars blank though because I used instant mashed potatoes and then stirred everything into that. It made it so easy! I also added some chopped parsley with the french fried onions.
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed potatoes, cream cheese, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for several minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with crushed fried onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.