1/1 Photo of PHILLY (Italian Style) Hot Roast Pork Sandwiches
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Philly is not only famous for cheesesteaks. Another famous favorite is Hot Roast Pork Sandwiches! After searching the web for the recipe and not finding it, I came up with this and the results were fabulous and authentic tasting. This is also delicious served as a main dish instead of for sandwiches...you may want to slice it thicker and add a side dish or two :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place pork roast in a baking dish (I use a 9 x 13 inch glass pyrex dish).
- 3Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, Italian seasoning and garlic flakes.
- 4Roast in oven for about 15 minutes or until juices start running and fat starts to melt and brown in the bottom of the pan, then add water to about 1/2 inch up the pan.
- 5Check every half hour or so and if water gets low, add a bit more to so it's about 1/2 inch up the pan every time.
- 6Each time you add the water, pour some over the roast, so the top does not get too dry.
- 7Roast until internal temperature reads 165-170 degrees (About an hour and a half TOTAL cooking time).
- 8Trim all visible fat from roast and discard.
- 9Slice roast very thin, in the pan if possible, so you don't lose any juices.
- 10If all goes well, the juices/gravy at the bottom of the pan should look golden brown, with darker flecks of spices, garlic and some little pieces of meat.
- 11Serve slices of pork on rolls, making sure that the slices have soaked up some of the juices (you can drizzle more juices on top, if you like, or you can thicken the gravy with water and cornstarch or flour, if desired).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for PHILLY (Italian Style) Hot Roast Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 35.0 g