Cook1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is similar to a fruitcake but much lighter. The texture is more like that of a pound cake. My mom got it from a Philadelphia cream cheese box many years ago. She made it for my dad every Christmas. I inherited the recipe after she passed away,and now I make it for him. I am posting it here so I won't lose it.I hope some of you will enjoy this as much my dad.
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml candied fruit or 236.59 ml raisins
- 532.32 ml cake flour (1/4 cup is for fruit)
- 118.29 ml pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- Blend cream cheese, butter, sugar,eggs, and vanilla well.
- Slowly add 2 cups cake flour sifted with baking powder.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour with fruit and nuts.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into greased 10in. bundt pan.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
I forgot to rate the recipe in my review, but I give it five stars. It is delicious.
Also, I dusted the pan with ground pecans before pouring the batter in to bake. Then I iced it with a powdered sugar glaze and decorated it with candied kiwi and cherries. (see picture I took).