Recipe by Tina S.
This recipe is similar to a fruitcake but much lighter. The texture is more like that of a pound cake. My mom got it from a Philadelphia cream cheese box many years ago. She made it for my dad every Christmas. I inherited the recipe after she passed away,and now I make it for him. I am posting it here so I won't lose it.I hope some of you will enjoy this as much my dad.
Top Review by maulma01
I forgot to rate the recipe in my review, but I give it five stars. It is delicious.
Also, I dusted the pan with ground pecans before pouring the batter in to bake. Then I iced it with a powdered sugar glaze and decorated it with candied kiwi and cherries. (see picture I took).
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup candied fruit or 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour (1/4 cup is for fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese, butter, sugar,eggs, and vanilla well.
- Slowly add 2 cups cake flour sifted with baking powder.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour with fruit and nuts.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into greased 10in. bundt pan.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.