Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Only 6 points for those on WW. Absolutely delicious, you would never know it is a light meal. Courtesy of cooking light mag, but I tweaked it a bit.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 12 ounces roast beef, thinly sliced low sodium deli cut in to strips
- 3 tablespoons low sodium beef broth
- 4 hot dog buns, toasted
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add sliced onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Saute 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat, and cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Sugar, oregano, vinegar and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in roast beef and beef broth, cook for 2 minutes. While this is finishing up, place hot dog buns open faced in broiler with one slice of cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted and buns are slightly toasted.
- Remove from broiler, place philly mixture on top of melted cheese/hot dog buns. Top with one more slice of swiss.
I love swiss cheese & all your other ingredients, but this is not at all a Philly Cheesesteak. I would just call it a Cheese Steak & leave off the Philly part. Alan Leonetti