This is a variation of the recipe submitted by Chef #844314 for the Poor Boy Stromboli (http://www.recipezaar.com/304802). The SO absolutely loves those Dominos Philly Cheesesteak pizzas®, so I decided to modify Chef #844314's recipe to incorporate the flavors of the pizza. The outcome is, in my humble opinion, delicious! Sorry the picture came out a bit blurry, but you get the idea.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet and add sliced onions, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 mins, just as they start to turn translucent.
- Add green pepper and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute for another 3-4 minutes then take off heat and set aside.
- Lay Pizza Crust out on Countertop and roll out so its about 1/4 inch thick all the way around and square in shape.
- Layer cheese on pizza crust leaving about 2 inches from each side.
- Layer roast beef leaving same amount of space on each side.
- Layer onions, peppers, and mushrooms onto roast beef, again leaving 2 inches on each side.
- Starting at the edge closest to you, start to roll the dough tightly until all the toppings are enclosed in the middle, and seal the seam along the bottom and on the ends by pinching the dough together.
- Brush the top of the dough with the melted butter, and cut a few slits in the top of the dough to let moisture escape.
- Put loaf on baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting to keep the cheese from running out all over the place.