1/1 Photo of Philly Cheesesteak Spring Roll
This is served at Philadelphia's Four Seasons Hotel restaurant and published in Saveur magazine! Oh boy, pass the dip!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1Dipping Sauce:.
- 2Combine the ketchup, mustard, honey, and cayenne in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- 3Spring rolls:.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped beef and cook until no longer pink, stirring 5-7 minutes. Strain beef, discarding liquid, and return to skillet. Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in cheeses. Cook until cheeses melt, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- 5Place 1 wrapper on a clean work surface, keeping the other wrappers covered with plastic wrap. Brush the entire surface of wrapper with egg yolk. Form 1/4 of the beef mixture into an 8" log along one edge of the wrapper. Roll up the wrapper, leaving ends open. Place a second wrapper on the work surface with a corner facing you, brush the corners with egg yolk, and lay the first roll across the bottom corner of the second wrapper. Roll up wrapper, tightly folding the ends over halfway through. Press down slightly to seal and set aside. Repeat the process with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 6Pour vegetable oil into a heavy medium pan to a depth of 2" and heat over medium heat until the temperature shows 350°F on a candy thermometer (You don't have to have a thermometer, just make sure the oil is hot, but not smoking). Fry spring rolls in 2 batches, turning over halfway through, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cut into thirds on the bias and serve with sauce. Good with pickles on the side. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheesesteak Spring Roll
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 297.4 mg
- Sodium 1314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
top loin beef