1/10 Photos of Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
These are the main reason I go to the fair. I had to learn how to make them so I didnt have to wait for only once a year
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fresh Italian rolls or 2 kaiser rolls, split in half crosswise
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb rib eye steak, very very thinly sliced
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced white processed cheese or 1/3 lb provolone cheese or 4 ounces melted Cheese Whiz
- ketchup, topping (optional)
- pepperoncini pepper, accompaniment
- olive oil
- 1Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- 2When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 4Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
- 5Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- 6Mix in the sauteed vegetables.
- 7Top with cheese slices and melt.
- 8Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.6 mg
- Sodium 1798.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g