These upscale cheesesteak sandwiches feature flaky puff pastry instead of ordinary rolls. They're easy to make, and even easier to enjoy! From Pepperidge Farm website. Recipe time does not include thawing time of puff pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour (estimated)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 170.09 g sandwich steaks, cut into thick strips (1/4 of a 24-ounce package frozen sandwich steak which is 4 portions)
- 4 slice American cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 (5-inch) squares.
- 3Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the onion from the skillet.
- 4Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the sandwich steaks to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- 5Spoon one-fourth of the onion and one-fourth of the sandwich steaks on the bottom third of each pastry square. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Fold 2 opposite sides over the filling. Roll up like a jelly roll. Brush the pastries with the egg. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pastries in half diagonally to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheesesteak Rolls With Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.5
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 338.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g