Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
In 'The Muffin Tin Cookbook' by Brette Sember
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 12 thin slices deli roast beef
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Cheez Whiz, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray 6 jumbo muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan, until the onion is golden brown and soft.
- Open the crescent roll tubes, and unroll the dough.
- Each tube has 8 triangles; you want to push the edges together of two triangles to create a rectangle.
- Repeat so you have 4 rectangles; do the same with the second tube, but only create 2 rectangles; use the rest of the dough for something else.
- Take a rectangle of dough and place it in a jumbo muffin cup so that it is centered, with edges hanging over.
- Press it up the side a bit on the short sides.
- Place 2 slices of roast beef inside each, allowing edges to drape over on top of the dough.
- Divide the onion among the cups.
- Place half a piece of cheese in each, folded in half.
- Fold the roast beef in, and then fold the dough in, pinching it in the middle and pinching it with the shorter sides as best you can.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crescent rolls are browned and cheese has melted.
- Serve with warmed Cheez Whiz, if desired.