Recipe by Lainey6605
If you like Philly cheesesteaks and macaroni and cheese, you should love this easy and comforting casserole. You could use any type tubular pasta. Elbow or campanelle pasta are my favorites.
Top Review by DuChick
This was an excellent flavored quick meal for a weeknight. I had leftover deli beef that I didn't know what to do with and found this recipe. So glad I did! I used skim milk and low-fat cheese and would caution NOT to use these as the texture was a bit grainy. That was my own fault, but it did not affect the flavor at all. My family loved this and cleaned the bowl. I also used used whole wheat penne pasta. Thanks Lainey!
- 1 lb uncooked elbow macaroni or 1 lb campanelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 softball-sized onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb sliced deli roast beef, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook onions with salt and pepper for 6-8 minutes.
- Add beef broth and roast beef.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and combine with onions.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and add flour to thicken.
- Add milk, bring to boil.
- Add cheese, mix well.
- Once melted, pour over noodles and onions.
- Add parsley and mix together.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.