If you like Philly cheesesteaks and macaroni and cheese, you should love this easy and comforting casserole. You could use any type tubular pasta. Elbow or campanelle pasta are my favorites.
- 1 lb uncooked elbow macaroni or 1 lb campanelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 softball-sized onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb sliced deli roast beef, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook onions with salt and pepper for 6-8 minutes.
- Add beef broth and roast beef.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and combine with onions.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and add flour to thicken.
- Add milk, bring to boil.
- Add cheese, mix well.
- Once melted, pour over noodles and onions.
- Add parsley and mix together.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.