Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
perfect for low carb diets, this is a double bonus, as it cooks in the crockpot all day so you can come home to a great meal.
- 2 lbs chip steak or 2 lbs cube steaks, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- saute mushrooms in olive oil until softened and light brown, about 5 minutes.
- add to crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients, except the provolone.
- cook on low for 6 hours.
- stir well, add to 6 bowls.
- cover with provolone and add some cooking juices to each bowl to melt the cheese.
Delicious...I microwaved the pepperoni on paper towels which took out most of the grease.
If I make this again I would leave out the pepperoni. The grease was so intense that it gave us all bad stomachaches. The flavor was good...but it wasn't worth it.
I just really didn't like this. Followed the directions and wish I would have added seasoning in, there really just wasn't much flavor at all. If I were to add suggestions -- it doesn't need the pepperoni and add more seasoning into the recipe. It isn't really much like a casserole. It's more soupy. This might be a bit better on a bun, but that would simply take away the low carb option.