Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
perfect for low carb diets, this is a double bonus, as it cooks in the crockpot all day so you can come home to a great meal.
- 2 lbs chip steak or 2 lbs cube steaks, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- saute mushrooms in olive oil until softened and light brown, about 5 minutes.
- add to crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients, except the provolone.
- cook on low for 6 hours.
- stir well, add to 6 bowls.
- cover with provolone and add some cooking juices to each bowl to melt the cheese.
Delicious...I microwaved the pepperoni on paper towels which took out most of the grease.
If I make this again I would leave out the pepperoni. The grease was so intense that it gave us all bad stomachaches. The flavor was good...but it wasn't worth it.
As with any recipe I always adapt it to my taste. So this is what I did that made it delicious. I used cube steak. I sauteed my onion and bell pepper (threw in some fresh chopped garlic) in a pan before putting it in the crock pot. Cut my cube steak in strips. Threw all that in the crock pot with the onion and bell peppers on the bottom. Garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, a little seasoned salt, seasoned pepper. I cooked it over night on low. Got me some fresh sub bread, toasted it with butter in the oven for a few minutes. Took it out mustard, Swiss cheese, throw on the meat. Close it up, touch of butter on the top. Throw it back in the oven for a minutes or so. Eat and enjoy! I know this isn't low carb. But I didn't realize this was suppose to be a low carb recipe. LOL! But it was gooooood and a real good treat!