Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is served in Hoagie Buns, wrapped in flour tortillas or served with toast. Sautéed green pepper strips and onions can be piled on with the beef. This is truly a 15 minute meal! This can be made into two giant quesadillas also, but be careful when turning in large frying pan. Then cut in wedges.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml McCormick grill seasoning
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 396.89 g package philly cheese steaks
- 4-6 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, sliced in strips
- 118.29 ml apricot preserves or 118.29 ml pineapple preserves
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- In large skillet, heat olive oil, All Seasoning and white pepper.
- Add sliced onion and green pepper strips, sauté, turning constantly; lift out, drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm.
- Add the Philly cheese steaks on medium high heat, stirring to separate and slightly brown.
- Add apricot preserves and mix in while stirring.
- Spread margarine or butter on hoagie rolls or toast.
- Pile cooked pepper strips and onions on rolls, tortillas or toast.
- Add cheese slices.
- Pile the Philly cheese steaks on top.
- Pass the sour cream for a dollop on top of the steaks.
- Note: Usually there is 12 paper-thin steaks to a box. The steaks will cook very fast.
- Do not overcook the meat.
- •A Variation: Use crushed pineapple with sour cream or cream cheese served on top of the meat. Apricot and pineapple preserves can be purchased sugar free.