This is served in Hoagie Buns, wrapped in flour tortillas or served with toast. Sautéed green pepper strips and onions can be piled on with the beef. This is truly a 15 minute meal! This can be made into two giant quesadillas also, but be careful when turning in large frying pan. Then cut in wedges.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick grill seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package philly cheese steaks
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- In large skillet, heat olive oil, All Seasoning and white pepper.
- Add sliced onion and green pepper strips, sauté, turning constantly; lift out, drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm.
- Add the Philly cheese steaks on medium high heat, stirring to separate and slightly brown.
- Add apricot preserves and mix in while stirring.
- Spread margarine or butter on hoagie rolls or toast.
- Pile cooked pepper strips and onions on rolls, tortillas or toast.
- Add cheese slices.
- Pile the Philly cheese steaks on top.
- Pass the sour cream for a dollop on top of the steaks.
- Note: Usually there is 12 paper-thin steaks to a box. The steaks will cook very fast.
- Do not overcook the meat.
- •A Variation: Use crushed pineapple with sour cream or cream cheese served on top of the meat. Apricot and pineapple preserves can be purchased sugar free.