1/2 Photos of Philly Cheese Steaks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g good quality cut steak, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning (finely grind with your fingers)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin (1/4"inch)
- 1-2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 177.44 ml sliced mushrooms
- 85.04 g swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 1Place the sliced beef in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- 3Sprinkle over beef and stir to combine.
- 4Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan, keep warm.
- 6Meanwhile heat remaining oil in skillet, and saute the onion, green peppers and mushrooms until tender, with green peppers still somewhat crisp.
- 7Add steak to veggies and keep warm.
- 8Preheat oven to broil.
- 9Butter hoagie buns and lay a slice of cheese, (torn in half) over the bottom of each bun.
- 10Divide steak and veggies over buns, add another slice of divided cheese.
- 11Lay on foil lined cookie sheet (keep top bun to the side so that it broils also) Broil just until cheese melts, remove from broiler, cover with top half of bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheese Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.1 mg
- Sodium 713.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: