Why eat a sandwich when you can have soup?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 slices Steak-ums
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced potatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F . Lay the Steak-ums out on a baking sheet then bake in the oven until no longer pink (around 5-7mins).
- 2Meanwhile, pour the broth into a large pot. Add in the spices, worcestershire, butter, milk, & cheese, stir until melted.
- 3Take the beef out of the oven then shred with a fork & knife. Add to the pot along with the potatoes & mushrooms (if using).
- 4Simmer on low for 10 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little water then stir into the pot. Continue to simmer until thickened. Serve with a loaf of french bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheese Steak Soup
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.8
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 908.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g