Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Why eat a sandwich when you can have soup?
Make and share this Philly Cheese Steak Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 slices Steak-ums
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced potatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Lay the Steak-ums out on a baking sheet then bake in the oven until no longer pink (around 5-7mins).
- Meanwhile, pour the broth into a large pot. Add in the spices, worcestershire, butter, milk, & cheese, stir until melted.
- Take the beef out of the oven then shred with a fork & knife. Add to the pot along with the potatoes & mushrooms (if using).
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little water then stir into the pot. Continue to simmer until thickened. Serve with a loaf of french bread.