1/1 Photo of Philly Cheese Steak Soup
Raw Chef's Note:
A creamy, cheesy soup that tastes just like a philly cheese steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large, heavy-bottomed stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add green peppers, onion, and mushrooms and saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add flour and cook another 5 minutes stirring often. This is an important step to cook out the flour taste.
- 4Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a simmer stirring often until soup thickens.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low and stir in beef consomme, salt and pepper.
- 6Slowly stir in provolone until all is melted and incorporated into soup.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in roast beef.
- 8Serve with a crusty loaf of french bread.
- 9To freeze: Prepare soup as directed and allow to cool. Place in rigid freezer container. Seal, label and freeze.
- 10To serve: Thaw in fridge. Reheat in microwave or on stovetop,stirring to recombine the soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheese Steak Soup
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.0
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 1053.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 28.3 g