A creamy, cheesy soup that tastes just like a philly cheese steak.
Make and share this Philly Cheese Steak Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in large, heavy-bottomed stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add green peppers, onion, and mushrooms and saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add flour and cook another 5 minutes stirring often. This is an important step to cook out the flour taste.
- Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a simmer stirring often until soup thickens.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in beef consomme, salt and pepper.
- Slowly stir in provolone until all is melted and incorporated into soup.
- Remove from heat and stir in roast beef.
- Serve with a crusty loaf of french bread.
- To freeze: Prepare soup as directed and allow to cool. Place in rigid freezer container. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge. Reheat in microwave or on stovetop,stirring to recombine the soup.