Recipe by bakedapple42
The mouthwatering taste of a Philly Cheesesteak on a slider bun. Easy to make & great for parties, picnics, or a quick family dinner. You can prepare the beef and the onion-mushroom mixture ahead of time and assemble just before serving if you like. The real Philadelphia Cheesesteaks come "wid wiz" (cheese whiz), so if you want to be really authentic you can substitute that for the american cheese.
- 12 slices deli roast beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 dinner rolls or 6 slider-sized buns
- 6 long toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saute pan, melt butter over med-low heat.
- Add sliced onion and mushroom to pan, saute until onion is nicely carmelized.
- Remove onion and mushroom from pan onto warm plate. Set aside.
- Briefly warm roast beef slices in same pan of butter until no pink shows on meat. Do Not Overcook Beef. Remove from pan onto warm plate.
- Split dinner rolls in half and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Place a folded slice of american cheese on half of each split roll.
- Lightly toast dinner rolls in conventional oven at 350 degrees F. until cheese is just melted.
- Remove rolls from oven and top the plain halves with roast beef, onions, and mushrooms. Pile it high!
- Place cheesy halves on top, secure with a long toothpick, and you have yummy sliders ready to eat.