Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
A healthy alternative sandwich.
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, dried,minced
- 4 hot dog buns
- 6 ounces healthy choice 97% fat-free roast beef, sliced
- 3⁄4 ounce kraft low-fat swiss cheese
- 3 ounces shredded kraft low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large skillet sprayed with Pam, combine onion and water; Cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and garlic; separate each bun and arrange on baking sheet; lightly spray butter flavored Pam; broil 1-2 minutes.
- Separate beef into 4 even piles; Top bottom half of each bun with a pile of roast beef and slice of Swiss cheese; Evenly spoon about 1/2 cup onion and 3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese over top of remaining bun halves; Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- or until cheese melts.
- Sandwich each half together, cut in half and serve at once.
Delicious! This is a very good alternative. I needed more water when cooking the onions. And I didn't use healthy choice roast beef. I used costco brand. But it was still low in cal, and yummy.