Recipe by tkasper
I've always loved these but where I'm located it can be hard to find a good one so I started making my own. Even my picky husband loves these.
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 1 rib eye or 1 strip steak
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 chopped seeded jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice steak very thin. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add bell peppers, jalapenos (if desired) and onions (I always add a little salt and pepper here). Sauté until soft and then add thinly sliced beef and chopped garlic and salt, pepper (again) to taste along with about ¼ teaspoons garlic powder. Sauté over medium to medium high heat until the beef is cooked.
- Preheat broiler. Split rolls or bun and added meat mixture. Top with each sandwich with 2 slices of cheese so that the meat is covered. Broil just until cheese melts and serve (with lots of napkins).