Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a salad version of one of my favorite salads. It is great for dinner parties, and is also a lower carb substitution for the original sandwich.
- 2 philly cheese steaks, cheese steak beef burgers (in the freezer section)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (**)
- In a small bowl mix all the dressing ingridients and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the first 4 ingridients, and cook until beef has browned.
- On a large serving platter, spread out the lettuce.
- Top with the browned meat mixture, tomatoes, cheese, then dressing, and serve.
- *If you can't find this just use thinly sliced steak or ground beef.
- **It is best to let the dressing sit for at least 3 hours or over night before using.