Recipe by Lambkyns
Source: Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006 "Inspired by the Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich, which features thinly sliced beef, cheese and sometimes sautéed onions, this pizza is perfect for the few slices of leftover roast beef. You can spice it up with pickled hot peppers".
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
A very nice pizza! I accidentally didn't follow directions and put all the cheese on top of the sauce instead of saving some for the very top...so I was stuck with sprinkling on some cheddar at the end. No big deal though, delish either way :)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup cooked beef, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté green pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, oregano, salt and pepper until onion is golden and no liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to fit 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce. Arrange half of the cheese over sauce; spoon vegetable mixture over top. Top with roast beef and remaining cheese.
- Bake in bottom third of 500°F (260°C) oven until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.