Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple recipe for a beginner, very easy. R
Make and share this Philly Cheese Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices Steak-ums
- 6 slices green bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 slices American cheese (or any other types)
- 1⁄2 Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil.
- When oil is hot, add the green bell peppers and sliced onions and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Rip the slices of steaks with your hand and add to the skillet.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until steaks are brown and no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper, and turn off fire.
- Slice Italian bread open and add cheese to both sides of the bread.
- Leaving the bread open toast in a regular oven or toaster oven until cheese is melted.(Optional,you don't have to toast your bread).
- Add the Steak and onions on top of the melted cheese and close the sandwich.
- Enjoy with sides such as chips or fries.
Made for Fall Pick A Chef 2011 and what an easy and delicious sandwich. I used seasoned roast meat (DH picked up some at the store because he couldn't find Steak-ums) and used green and some red pepper along with the onions. Served the sandwiches on kaiser rolls along with some coleslaw. Thank you for posting the recipe.
Yum! I couldn't find Steak-ums, so used some leftover flank steak for these. These were really good on hoagie rolls. Thanks Miss-Alex for a great lunch. Made for PAC Fall 2008.