Recipe by lazyme
A simple open-faced sandwich from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Susie D
This made a very filling and wonderfully easy dinner! I used a whole wheat hoagie bun in place of the french bread and sprinkled montreal steak seasoning on the peppers and onions while sauteing. Served with raw veggies and a horseradish mayo. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml onions, sliced
- 354.88 ml green bell peppers, sliced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4 slice French bread
- 226.79 g deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 slice swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bell pepper and black pepper; cook 3 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Coat top sides of bread with cooking spray.
- Top each slice with 2 ounces beef, 1/4 cup onion mixture, and 1 cheese slice.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: These are open-faced sandwiches, but you can top with bread slices to make them a 'standard' sandwich.