Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum, came from some internet site during one of my burger searchs, we topped ours with warmed tomato sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Mix together the beef, egg yolk, onion, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix lightly, using your hands. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill to desired doneness. Top with cheese.
- Serve in hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.
Great recipe thanks! I also added some finely chopped jalapenos and some crumbled feta cheese to the mixture which went down really well. Can't find the cheese you mentioned in the UK but monterey jack for the topping did the job! Thanks again!
I also omitted the egg yolk. The herbs add a nice flavor and I do love Provolone cheese. Thanks for sharing.
I enjoyed this burger very much. I omitted the egg yolk and had no trouble BBQing the pattie I stayed together very nicely. Very tasty -Provolone cheese gives a certain something to the burger Thanks Kamgastyler in Coastal Maine for posting this recipe.