Prep 10 hrs
Cook 45 mins
A delicious and hearty meal made easy & quick. A bacon lovers delight and my husbands favourite dinner! Chicken is stuffed with cream cheese and chives and wrapped in bacon. I have also included my favourite green bean side dish which accompanies this meal perfectly. ENJOY : )
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dried chives
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups frozen French-cut green beans
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- Mix cream cheese, chives and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice a slit in the chicken breast and use your fingers to create a pocket. Fill chicken with 1/4 of your cream cheese mixture and secure closed with toothpicks.
- Wrap chicken in bacon (2 pieces each) and bake in oven for 45 min or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Green Beans (start prep when chicken has been cooking about 30min).
- Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips.
- Pan fry bacon and onions until bacon is crispy.
- Turn frying pan to low and mix in green beans.
- Pan fry beans on low for 10 min or until cooked.
I agree with Syd about the prep time.....way off. Other than that I cut this down to two breasts and should have made one for the two of us. My chicken didn't really brown very well. I also cooked the bacon a little before wrapping around the chicken. My chicken turned out a little dry and a lot of the filling ran out, but it still was delicious. The green beans were very good with a little vinegar as diner added. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011
If I'd looked at the length of time needed to prepare this, I'd never have tagged it, but that time IS wrong, by a long shot! As it was, I used 8 breasts, doubling that part of the recipe, & followed it right on down (almost, anyway, except that I fried the bacon until it was somewhat cooked but still pliable)! One of the breasts, & the beans were for the two of us, while the rest of the breasts were given as part of my one-time contribution to the meals that a group I know distributes to the homeless! We loved the breast AND the beans & I'll definitely be making this again for the 2 of us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Delicious!!! Loved both the chicken and the beans. The only thing I changed was to add some apple cider vinegar to the green beans for some tang, as that is how I grew up eating them. For the chicken, I did broil it for a bit in the end to crisp up the bacon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the Pick A Chef Event.